Lutheran Church of The Way accepts the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as the written Word of God and the only rule and norm of faith and practice. Therefore. . .
- We believe that God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – is the creator of the universe and the creator of mankind.
- We believe that mankind rebelled against God. Because of our sin, any attempts to please God apart from Christ are impossible. We need forgiveness and new life. God provides it through His grace.
- We believe that through God’s grace He gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to live, suffer, die, and rise again as our only Savior.
- We believe that God applies the gift of grace to us through Word and Sacrament:
- His Holy Word through which He reveals His will, His love, and His plan of Salvation.
- The Sacrament of Holy Baptism through which He gives forgiveness of sins, the gift of His Holy Spirit, and everlasting life and salvation.
- The Sacrament of Holy Communion through which He gives his Body and Blood in, with, and under the bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins, life, and salvation.
- We believe that the faith necessary to believe that God gives us these gifts of grace is itself a gift which God works in us. We cannot boast of our belief as our own decision, our own work.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved, through faith. And this not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.